K-MUG (Kerala Microsoft Users Group) is pretty excited to announce DevCon2010, the Grant Developer conference in Kerala – The God’s own land. DevCon 2010 will be conducted in Park Centre, Techopark, Trivandrum, Kerala - on 3rd and 4th July, 2010. We have different sessions planned as a part of this event.
A lot of excitement is there in the air, and the focus will be on Cloud computing, VS2010 Features, Robotics, Windows Phone 7, Azure, Application Compatibility, ASP.NET etc. I would be one of the speakers as well. Walk in, uplift yourself, and go back with some great energy.
We’ll also launch Microsot Office 2010 during the event.
Here is the detailed Agenda.
Day 1 (3rd July – Saturday)
- 08:30AM – 09:15AM – Registration Confirmation
- 09:15AM – 09:30AM – Welcome Speech
- 09:30AM – 10:15AM – Key Note Session – “Cloud – The Meta Platform”
- 10:15AM – 11:00AM – New features in .NET 4.0 & Visual Studio 2010
- 11:00AM – 11:15AM – Tea break
- 11:15AM – 12:15PM – Robotics Programing
- 12:15PM – 01:15PM – Web Security and Security Auditing
- 01:15PM – 02:15PM – Lunch
- 02:15PM – 03:15PM – Windows Azure
- 03:15PM – 04:00PM – Great Developer Contest – Final
- 04:00PM – 05:00PM – Managing Application Compatibility in Windows 7
Day 2 (4th July – Sunday)
- 08:30AM – 09:30AM – Registration Confirmation
- 09:30AM – 10:30AM – Data on the Cloud
- 10:30AM – 11:30AM – Mixed Mode Windows development using C# and C++
- 11:30AM – 11:45AM – Tea Break
- 11:45AM – 12:00PM – Visual Studio 2010 tips
- 12:30PM – 01:30PM – Tuning Tools in SQL Server 2008
- 01:30PM – 02:30PM – Lunch
- 02:30PM – 03:15PM – ASP.NET MVC
- 03:15PM – 04:00PM – Windows 7 Phone
- 04:00PM – 05:00PM – Closing Ceremony
We’ll also perform the Microsoft Office 2010 Launch during the event.
How to Reach
Kerala is known for it’s natural beauty, and is called God’s own land. The event is in Technopark, Trivandrum, Kerala – Technopark is the greenest IT Park in India.
Places To See
Don’t miss these places, if you are in Trivandrum. These locations are near by.
- Veli Tourist Village:
- It is about 5kms from the place of DevCon event, and boating facilities are offered at this picnic spot. Speed boats, restaurants and well landscaped gardens are available.
- It is a globally renowned beach destination of Trivandrum and is strewn with the coconut groves that make it a tropical paradise
- Padmanabhaswamy Vishnu Temple:
- It is a magnificent temple, which featuring pure Dravidian style of architecture. The temple houses the shrine of the presiding deity of Thiruvananthapuram, Lord Vishnu and was built by the Maharaja of Travancore.
- Napier Museum:
- On your travel to Trivandrum, you will also come across this museum that was built in the 19th century and is an amazing example of the affluent history of Kerala
Visit DevCon2010 website to take part in the cool contests, to book your seat etc. See you guys there!!.